Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Glorious Day


It is time to celebrate the engagement of the two lovers, Miranda and Ferdinand. My master thought of a superb treat for the couple, an enjoyable performance by the spirits! What fun I had!!! Iris, Ceres, and Juno, the most bounteous ladies, I thank thee for putting on a great show. My master is happier than a child tasting a sugary treat for the first time. What an evening!!!
Of course, we had a slight interruption. The performance was over earlier than expected because Caliban, Stephano, and Trinculo were coming for my master, Prospero, as I told you in my earlier post. Prospero and I summoned up the spirits of demon dogs, and when Caliban and his confederates arrived to the cell, we set the dogs free to chase after the three frauds.
The story of revenge does not end here. The three traitors, Sebastian, Antonio, and King Alonso, were trapped in the line-grove which weather- fends my master’s cell.  For I, not human, did feel sorrow for the three men and believed if they were released, they would understand their wrongdoings. I was able to get through to my master; all he wanted was for his traitors to repent. Sure enough, King Alonso was sorry for his mistakes, and Antonio and Sebastian showed no emotion.
At the end of the day, I had finished my task. I brought back Caliban, Stephano, and Trinculo to their masters; I navigated the King’s ship to this island; I assisted the ship on the ride back home, with my master in it, ready to take back his dukedom. What a glorious day!!! Oh, and I forgot to mention that I was granted freedom!!! OMG!!!!!




 
Iris: A contract of true love to celebrate;
And some donation freely to estate
On the blest lovers
Ceres: Earth's increase, foison plenty,
Barns and garners never empty;
Vines with clust'ring bunches growing
Plants with goodly burden bowing;
Spring come to you at the farthest,
In the very end of harvest!
Scarcity and want shall shun you;
Ceres' blessing so is on you.
Juno: Honour, riches, marriage-blessing,
Long continuance, and increasing,   
Hourly Joys be still upon you!
Juno sings her blessing on you.


Juno, a fine lady she is ;) . Jupiter is a LUCKY man
A + J <3

 
King Alonso, a sorrowful man



My master is on this ship




No comments:

Post a Comment