Thursday, December 6, 2012

Strange People on this Island

 My master asked me to lure Ferdinand, a prince who swam to the shore after the ship-wreck caused by a “tempest,” to his cell. A strange fellow Ferdinand is. I don’t see a "thing divine" as Miranda might say, rather I see a fellow of sorrow who thinks his father is lost. I don’t know what Prospero will do to this gentleman, but I have a feeling that a matrimonial ceremony will be coming up soon. Ferdinand is not the only man I find strange. Sebastian, the brother of the King of Naples, and Antonio, the current Duke of Milan, have such devilish thoughts. I thought only Sycorax, a blue-ey’d hag, had such diabolic judgment. I never would have believed that mankind could think in a demonic way. To kill the King of Naples, Alonso, for power and ambition, what thoughts they are? Fortunately, my honorable master foresaw the danger that his friend was in; therefore, he sent me to save King Alonso’s soul. What would have happened if my master didn’t know? I have learned one thing in the past couple of minutes and that is humans also have ambition that overpowers the good in them. Some of mankind can be trusted; others must be carefully watched.



                  The Sorrowful Prince Ferdinand



                    Antonio, the Current Duke of Milan




                Sebastian, brother of the King of Naples





While you here do snoring lie, open ey'd conspiracy
His time doth take
If of life you keep a care, shake off slumber and beware:
Awake! Awake!

This is what I sang to wake up Gonzalo and save the king















1 comment:

  1. Loving your posts, Ariel! You sound like a very sensitive and soulful creature!
    mlseijo

    ReplyDelete